Murphy Bed Assembly Instructions
Assembly Instructions for Murphy Beds
Click on the infographic to the left to view the 10 general steps to assemble a BredaBed Murphy Bed. Each bed model comes with printed instructions that are model specific and have much more detail than what is provided in the general steps. The printed instructions are full of helpful tips that will guide you through a successful assembly. We will happily email you the instructions for the bed model you're interested in, for you to review prior to purchase.
In addition to printed paper instructions that are delivered with each Murphy Bed, we also provide video instructions. In the video below, we show you how to assemble a Penthouse Murphy Bed w/ 2 side hutches, configured with drawers and doors. Use the time links below to jump to a particular chapter. This video is meant to supplement the printed instructions that were provided with your BredaBed. You can also watch this video directly on YouTube.
If at any point during the assembly process you need assistance that's not available in either the printed instructions or the video, we strongly encourage you to contact us and one of our expert assemblers will guide you through any problems.
Not comfortable doing the assembly yourself? We recommend finding a handyman in your area through one of the following resources: Thumbtack, Handy, The United Assemblers Network directory, Google, Bing, Craigslist or contact us and we may have an installer in your area that we've worked with in the past. We now offer assembly in select areas, click here to find out if assembly is available in your area.
Click on a link to view that chapter
- Chapter 1: Side hutch panel layout and hardware insertion
- Chapter 2: Side hutch assembly
- Chapter 3: Bed cabinet assembly
- Chapter 4: Positioning and securing bed to wall
- Chapter 5: Attaching springs to mechanism and attaching mechanism to bed cabinet
- Chapter 6: Bed face frame assembly
- Chapter 7: Assembling face panels to frame
- Chapter 8: Installing the bed face panel unit
- Chapter 9: Attaching leg assembly
- Chapter 10: Checking face panel alignment
Note: Chapters below are for optional drawers and doors
- Cordless drill
- Phillips & slotted screwdrivers
- Drill bit set
- Socket set
- 1/2" wrench or adjustable pliers
- Tape Measure
- Stud Finder (highly recommended)
- Magnetic bit holder
- #2 square drive bit
- Rubber Mallet
- Masking tape (Metropolitan Collection Murphy Beds)
- Stubby/short Phillips screwdriver (InLine Collection Murphy Beds)